Re: RE: Icky truck

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 16:16:31 EST

In a message dated 11/7/00 12:50:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil writes:

> Now that would be interesting. Is it true the 2000 axle are now hardened
> Aluminum?

That I do not know, it would be interesting to look into. Further point
counter point chit chat... It really doesn't matter which rear is stronger
in the long run, especially if you don't like the styling of the Toyota, LoL,
in which case it could have a Millitary 2 1/2 ton planetary axle and you
wouldn't care, anywho, I'll look into the Aluminum deal, do you mean the shat
them selves or the housing, or the 3rd member?

Luke
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, SLT CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back
exhaust, 9" open element Mr. Gasket Air cleaner, 52mm Ported TB, 3923
Autolites, A-518 / 46RE, 3.55 geared Peg Leg 8 1/4, 31x10.50 BFG Mud
Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity Kappa Speakers.
Coming soon: E-Body 8 3/4" Rear axle, 3.55 gears, Detroit locker, 10" Brakes,
and Moser Engineering custom alloy axles!