Re: another scumbag dealer

From: Miles Harris III (spikes_duall@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 10:45:06 EST

Just goes to show you that when dealing with a car dealer the rule of thumb
is "let the buyer beware". They will try to screw you ever chance they get.
First in car price, second in trade-in price, third in interest rate and
fourth with add-ons and extended warranty contracts ("The banks like to see
the extended warranty contract to give out the lower interest rate").

In purchasing my 01 CC last month at the Simi Dodge dealer the saleswomen
was pushing lease, even so far as to give me inflated purchase price
payments. I finally told her if she wanted to make this sale she would have
to come back with some real numbers. We told her we wanted to buy not lease
but when we made it to the credit manager the thing was set up as a lease.
After putting up with the credit manager's hard pitch for a lease (we should
have walked out) he finally changed it to a purchase and low and behold the
price had jumped to $3000 above sticker. He said it was a computer mistake
but I wonder. The interest rate was also to high so we refinanced through my
wife's credit union.

I just got the DC survey and I made my displeasure known. Wonder if it will
do any good.

Regarding Leasing. Remember car dealers only push things that benefit them.
I asked my cousins husband (a car salesmen) why they push leases so hard.
The answer was what I expected. Both the salesman and the dealer get more
money from a lease and in three or four years they get the car back to sell
again.

Miles Harris III
Simi Valley, CA
01 CC Sport 2.5L 5speed