#%&* police

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 22:03:22 EST

Got pulled over by a police officer today. He said I didn't signal
the lane change. I thought I did, but I was driving the car, and the
turn signal thingy on that is stiffer than on the Dak, so I guess I
could have not hit it hard enough. But then the hard part came- he
wanted my registration and insurance. I haven't gotten around to
getting those on the car yet- keep meaning to, but... I don't drive
it very often.... Then he wanted to know why my seat belt was behind
me (I had the lap belt part on) "Because it strangles me." He said
I had to have the shoulder part on. "Legally, I have to be
strangled?" He said it was supposed to go across my chest, and I
pointed out that I couldn't help being short. He didn't disagree,
but he still cited me for it. So, I got cited for no insurance, and
the seat belt thing. Not the signal, fortunately. And he didn't tow
the car, which he could have. He made me park it, and I had to call
my dad to come pick me up (I was almost to his house, which was where
I was going) I called my insurance agent, and got insurance on the
car.
Now I have to go to court, show that I have insurance (that should
get me out of that citation), and either pay $100 for the seatbelt
thing, or pay $20 to go to a seatbelt diversion class, where I will
apparently learn to wear a seatbelt.
Does anyone else find this ridiculous?

Flip

Care2 make the world greener !