Got a new DAK!!!!! (warning long)

From: jdurling@mindspring.com
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 23:21:45 EST

We'll after looking around and driving my salesman crazy looking for the
truck I wanted it was finally determined that it would have to built.
Because of the holidays and the fact that DC is doing a slight pricing
change to the dakotas you caoont order them until next week and they
know for a fact after calling the factory that they would not be able to
ship it until the second week of jan. Simply put I could not get exactly
what I wanted ( I was being overzealous) in the color I wanted. I
decided to change things to what I really wanted and also listed what I
didn't care to much about and also the other colors that I liked (was
going for the garnett red originally). Well the salesman called me back
less than an hour later and said since I gave him different colors he
thinks he found what I wanted on his lot. I ended up with everthing I
wanted, and some I didn't want, except for one thing that was not really
that important. So here is my new dak.....

2001 Patriot Blue QC 4.7 Auto SLT
Heavy Duty Service Group
Tralier Tow Group
Power Overhead Convenience Group
SLT Plus Group
4-Wheel Antilock
Anti Spin Axle
Rear Sliding Window (didn't care much for this one but like the dark
tint)
Power Heated Fold-Away Mirrors
Bodyside Molding
Fog Lamps
AM/FM/CD/ cassette EQ
Bucket Seats w/ Power Drivers
Dark Slate Interior

Well I know it's a bit extravagant but it's what I wanted so i'm happy
and now will have more room. I'll be moving my r/t wheels and tires over
to it shortly. First, I'm getting the wheel well molding, roll-n-lock
bed cover, bedrug carpet liner, powertailgate lock, and spare tire lock
for it in the next few days. I know about all of the horror stories of
late about dealers ( I even gave a warning) but I had excellent service
and got a real good price from Maroone Dodge of Delray Beach Fl. I
started out with carsdirect but they couldn't get what I wanted and I
got an even better price from the internet sales from this dealer. I
paid just over $3k below MSRP and I went over the paperwork with my
trusty calculator and interest rate tables. Very pleased with my deal.
Basically got a $27K truck for $24K (figures based on all costs incurred
into the truck except taxes). Sorry for such a long post but very
happy!!!!! For those of you out there that are trying to get a dak right
now good luck and hope all works out!!!

p.s. I am really getting found of the patriot blue BTW!

Jeff Durling
'01 QC SLT Patriot Blue