Another update on my cummings tubo dak (timing chains)

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 17:20:41 EST

Well as I said, it appaears that our problem here tends to lie in the timing
chain being too loose... and it clanks on the fucking cover, and affects my
timing and what not... After telling me they would take care of it, the
dodge dealer went back on their word, and now want to charge me $580 bucks
for parts and labor and I must say I almost let a crumby dodge dealer turn
me away from DC all together...

Anyway, I guess I am to do the labor. According to the dealer the littler
sprocket/chain set is 80 bucks, plus the associated gaskets and what not...
before I get may dak all gutted out, what do I need to take into
consideration..
(what else will I need, will anything make my job easier?, would it be
better or even possible to use gears?)

If you have swapped out timing chains, please email off-list with advice,
comments?
wweems@fix.net

THanks in advance,
Weston Weems