Re: 4.7L Mileage

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 19:46:12 EST

http://www.4adodge.com/dakota/specs/feature4.html
David,
The link above shows that the V-6 Reg cab 4X2 manual
should get 16/22 so you got about a 10% bost in gas
mileage.

Will's is rated at 15/20 for the 4.7 4X2 manual 20%
bost.

I have a QC 4X4 - see signature line- and rated for
14/18 and have been getting about 20.5 @65 witha all
the mods; about a 10% gain. When I have the time I'll
do some highway mileage at 60mph for comparision.

If I could be assured of getting Will's mpg I would
trade in my V-6 QC for a 4.7 QC tomorrow (Will no
flame intended). I like to get the mpg up. I'm
guessing some of the factors are the weight of my
truck and the hight vs your trucks.

And will from what you wrote in your previous posts
you deserve the truck.

Keep us updated on the mpg info.
Thanks

--- David A <dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Okay,yesterday after installing my "Home-Brew" Cold
> Air intake,and driving
> around town,i took a 80 mile run on I-94.I set the
> cruise at
> 60 mph.I gassed up just off the I-road after 80
> miles..
>
> First off,the truck definetly improved on throttle
> response,both at start
> out,and going on entrance ramps(sounded like my
> buddy's 5.2).
> Even the idle is smoother too..
>
> Ok,80 miles @ 60 mph.It took 3.2 gallons...= 25.0
> mpg.
>
> ok,its not a 4.7,and its not that i dont like the
> 4.7,but it hasnt been
> around as long as the 3.9 V6..time will tell.
>
> I'll still take my Magnum V6 any day...

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group
HD Package Skid Plates Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber,
Steel Horse Torneau cover, Autolite Double Platinum 3923 Plugs,
Removed air horns from Throttle Boddy, added new TB bolts,
Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes-Smyrna, Georgia