Newsgroup (was: Another test, please ignore - 1 attachments)

From: Jason Bleazard (drazaelb@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 16:36:13 EST

--- Jon <jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote:

> Yep, just working on getting this up and running. When its
> set up, the list will be mirrored on a private newsgroup, and
> posts to the list can be made either to the list as usual or to
> the newsgroup, and they'll show up in both places no matter
> where they were posted from.
>
> Should help out those folks who want to contribute but can't
> handle actually downloading all of the mail...
>
> -Jon-

Cool! I'm not familiar with private newsgroups. I assume that's to
keep the spammers off? How does it work (username / password to
connect to the server, or what)? Nosy hackers want to know.

Come to think of it, this will also let us read DML both at home and
work without using a web based e-mail like Yahoo. I like it...

=====
Linux: Because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste.