Re: Viper/Dakota Map Modifier

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 09:51:59 EST

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> OK...so Shane,
>
> For the less technical people on the list, explain this:

> Now if you're increasing or decreasing the pulse-width, you're essentially
> changing the Fuel mixture...Rich/Lean. Explain how this doesn't change the
> A/F Ratio (or Mixture for better wording.)

If you increase or decrease the pulse-width (without any more info) you are
indeed changing the amount of fuel delivered. This says nothing about the
Air/Fuel mixture because there is no mention of what the air is doing.
Therefore it doesn't make sense to talk about A/F Ratio/Mixture when you only
have 1 of the two known.

I'm not trying to diss Bernd or the product. I have only just discovered the
VEC1 just like most everyone here. I am merely trying to understand how it can
so greatly affect the performance of our engines and only attach/affect two
wires on the MAP.

Lets keep hashing it out and maybe everyone will learn something. How about
doing a technical product thrashing at the next big DML meet?

Latr,

Shane

ps - I've still only had 1 reply to my 9-1/4 Van rear-end questions????