Re: Viper/Dakota Map Modifier(build for 13 bucks)

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 00:01:09 EST

How did you figure that the idle (low load) conditions were rich? You have
a scanner or is your nose just extra sensitive?

I believe the VEC-1 offered for 445 bucks (wow, 13 bucks compared to 445
bucks) uses the "extra" A/F gauge as a base to setup the pots.

Overall gut feeling, what do you think about it? Did you think you picked
up anything extra? Just go out and race your brothers (Trans am?) and if
you spank em, I'm heading to radio shack tomorrow night!
hehe
-Dester

<<
Welp... I made it, and hooked it up..
$13 for 2 pots, box, wires, knobs, ect...
I tryed adjusting it like the instructions said on that web site...
when I get 1/2 throttle adjusted correctly, the Idle is wayyy rich... I
said.. yea.. the computer should adjust for it...
Computer never came off of rich... under harder acceleration it seemed
better...
Anyone have any hard details on how to tune this thing???
THe instructions on the web are not that great.... ARGH!!!