Re: Sand in the truck for winter

From: Barry Lawton (derkroozer@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 09:57:38 EST

Here is an idea which some may find useful.

I had a small ( yes a rice burner, blame it on youth )
pickup about 6 years ago, and came up with a method of
putting sand in the back without the mess.

Take dry sand, I mean real dry, and fill 4" pvc pipe
up to about 3" from the end, and put caps on both ends
to make water tight tubes that fit across the bed, and
tye them together. This way you can still use your
bed, you can take them out and put them back in
depending on the weather and your needs. You can stack
them and do what ever arrangment suits your needs.

Barry