Re: Sand Bags/Shovel

From: Tom (Kaboinga@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 13:16:04 EST

Hell yeah !! I do that every winter... its no suprise my baby is all banged
up now eh? I drive her hard. I fishtail her out in the snow whenever I get
the chance (yes I am safe and only do it late at night or early AM when there
is no traffic around - just got to watch out for those dastardly chicago
doughnut eating machines) Heh heh

David Gloff wrote:

> As for sand bags, used them 4 winters ago, haven't bothered since. Ya
> just get used to driving sideways and kicking the rear out around
> corners. You can actually get around pretty well and safely once you're
> familiar with the way it behaves. And it's a lot of fun too :-) I love
> driving my truck in the winter. Especially when I drive past SUVs and AWD
> minivans in the ditches (how do you spin any minivan, let alone an AWD
> one, off the road?) in my RWD v8 stickshift pickup with 255 tires and no
> weight over the axle. :-)

Tom
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine
1989,V6,Auto,8 footer