Re: Top Dead Center?

From: Tom (Kaboinga@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 15:49:04 EST

You have to make sure it is TDC for the number one cyl... thats why you need to
do the markings on the distrib. If you are going to pull the timing chain and
sprockets - I would set TDC for number one. I'm sure why you were recommended
to set it at TDC for number 4. But basically yes - you are turning the
crankshaft untill the line mark is at zero (with the rotor tip pointing at the
one piston mark)

--
Tom
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine