Re: Re: Dakota Beaters...

From: Gmblows@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 23:03:12 EST

You must beat on your truck. Whether it's a 4, 6, or 8, a 2WD or 4X4.
The idea is to make the weak parts fail, then you can replace them
with stronger parts. Then you break the next weakest part and replace
that with a stronger part. What you get in return is; a truck that is
stronger and faster than stock, an empty wallet, a p!$$ed off wife or GF,
dirty cut-up hands, and a whole lotta fun doing it... Simple!
I'll see you at 200K, I'll just have more new parts, and more fun
getting there.

<< Ok guys,answer this simple question.Why(if you know the Dakota is so
good)do
 you have to beat on your trucks to get more speed out of them??..then you
 tear either the tranny up,or chew up the ass end of the truck...

 I fail to see the purpose.Now i DONT beat on my 00'QC.I want it to last.I
 keep my Dak clean as i can,and i dont beat on it.The only mods i have made
 are the Intake & the exhaust(Gibson Cat-Back coming soon).

 I have every intention of keeping my Dakota 15 years,200,000 miles...or
 longer.All u guys beating on yours wont be joining me to 200,000...I bet ya
 wont..

 Bernd,am i right? ;)