Re: getting ready to buy

From: Jon Steiger (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 23:52:34 EST

fastdak@superpa.net ("Scott Miller") wrote in
<000d01c051b6$c8a18460$99bdeac7@cvnkmiller>:

>hey everyone, I found myself a nice 95 slt ext cab dak with the v-8 and
>an auto tranny. I plan on buying a trailer and pulling my shelby to the
>races, since gas mileage, and cost of fuel, really sucks. Also sucks
>when I go to the track and bust stuff up, and gotta rely on someone else
>to get me home. So I think it's time to trade in the 94 v-6 and find a
>v-8
>
>Anyone tell me anything to look out for on the 95's? truck looks good,
>has about 95000 miles on her, bucket seats, it's black with charcoal
>2-tone paint. IMO it's pretty sharp, and has all power options.
>Hopefully monday I'll take it for a ride, figure out what gears it has
>and what HD options it has. also gonna pull the codes
>
>lastly, anybody have any trouble pulling an open trailer with a 3400lb
>dak on the back with the cc v-8 truck? If I get it, I put equalizer
>bars on it also to help with swaying

 Congrats, Scott! That does sound like a sharp truck. :-)

  I tow a 22' enclosed trailer which weighs aabout 3400lbs when its empty.
No problems whatsoever. ('96 CC 5-speed, 3.55 rear) The only thing I
sort've have to watch for is the wind. But since you're going to be
pulling an open trailer, that shouldn't be as much of an issue. As long
as you've got trailer brakes, you should be OK.

  (I was looking for another Dak to tow my Dak to the track for a long
time, but since I wanted to use my enclosed trailer, I ended up with a
Ram.) That's gonna look pretty darn cool when you're toolin' down the
highway! :-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ------. | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 | `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'