Re: You might be a racer if....

From: Tom (Kaboinga@aol.com)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 10:28:58 EST

The Man From Utopia wrote:

> You buy new parts because you don't know
> where you put the spares.

I do that all the time!!.

> You look at the purchase of tools as a long term investment.

I can retire very very early is I sell my tools LOL

> The guys at the local tire store laugh when you come in

No - but I get heckled when I walk in NAPA - thats close 'nuff!

> After your answer to "What did you do this weekend?" the next
> question is always: "And you do this for fun? Right?"
>
> You have a separate drawer for 'garage clothes'.

Yup on both those heh heh - hell I have more grease shirts and jeans than I
have good clothes.

> Your reading material in your bathroom consists of auto parts and
> racing supply catalogs, several books written by famous drivers, every book
> Caroll Smith
> has ever written.... and 400 car magazines, none of which have centerfolds.

Do loads of technical service manuals count??

> People know you by your class letter, car number, and car color.

I'm known around hte neighborhood by the little kids on the block as "that
mechanic man" - and by everyone else as "the guy with the truck"

I have been yelled at on the street to slow down!

--
Tom
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine