Re: Top Dead Center?

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 11:22:40 EST

Ok...you're Crazy. ;)

It used to be a timing reference...but timing isn't controlled by the
distributor anymore.

If you want to find (close to) TDC on any cylinder, grab this high-tech little
gadget: A Wine Cork. (Shave one side to fit snug into the plug hole and turn
the engine over with a "Bump Switch" (aka: remote starter button). Once the
cork pops, you within a few degrees of TDC.

- Bernd