Re: Belly pan ping

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 19:59:12 EST

Well, basically I replaced cat, and muffler.. .still clattered a bit... took
of the belt and turned on for a very short period of time... still made
noise... didnt really sound like a lifter/valve or piston noise sooo... I
deducted that it was timing chain. This noise however was primarily audible
at idle.... so its not the bellypangasket. I fixed that, and it still
pings... I figure I've done nearly all that CAN be done sooo....

Wes