RE: RE: What to do after PCM is flashed...

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 08:17:57 EST

Well, if it means anything...I spoke with a fellow "Hot Rodder" at the local
Dodge Dealer (Service Manager as well) and he was running a few checks on my
system when he advised me that the truck could use the "Spark Knock Update"
(something along those lines). (Was investigating "something" at the
dealer....)

Their scantool advised him about this! If you vehicles timing is within a
certain range, it will flag it...mine, showing 43-45 degrees total timing in
by 2800 RPM was "flagged". I told him not to do it yet since I had a few
other items to take care of first. (He said "No problem...come back when
you're ready and we'll take care of it for you".)

So...YES, there is a "retard" PCM Flash for '97+ Dakota's.

- Bernd