Milidon Gears was: Timing Chain Attn: Bernd (kinda long)

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 13:23:19 EST

In a message dated 11/21/00 8:24:21 AM Pacific Standard Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

> BUT...There should be a tensioner on the chain. If this wasn't changed as
> well, it could be possible for the chain to loosen up. When I swapped out
> my
> gear back to the chain, the factory tensioner was a bit loose for my taste
> so I
> purchased a new one.
>
> - Bernd

I was just looking at your site last night about the cheater gear drive.
This is something I'd actually be interested in installing. Why did you
remove yours? How hard would it be to install on a 1996 V-8 4x4?

Luke
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, SLT CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back
exhaust, 9" open element Mr. Gasket Air cleaner, 52mm Ported TB, 3923
Autolites, A-518 / 46RE, 3.55 geared Peg Leg 8 1/4, 31x10.50 BFG Mud
Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity Kappa Speakers.
Coming soon: E-Body 8 3/4" Rear axle, 3.55 gears, Detroit locker, 10" Brakes,
and Moser Engineering custom alloy axles!