Re: Re: Magnum V6 & Gibson 3" Cat-Back...

From: mike d. (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 17:05:02 EST

>>I want to hear from ANY DML member who has the Magnum V6 & the Gibson 3"
Cat-Back...<<

Hey David,
I didn't have the Gibson cat-back, but I did used to have a Blowmaster 3" on
my 88 V6. From my experience, the exhaust was just too big. It even sounded
too big (really gurgly and blatty). I lost a whole lot of my low-end torque,
and it ended up actually hurting performance. I know you're not the 1/4mile
type, but my times with the 3" exhaust were 18.1 and 18.0 in the 74mph
range. When I went back down to a 2.5 exhaust I went 17.6's in the 78 mph
range consistantly. Now, some guys have had good luck with 3" exhaust on
V6ers, I did not. I've heard on the list that Gibson makes a 2.5" cat back
just for V6 Dakotas, may be worth checking into of you're concerned about
it. What it all boils down to is what makes you happy. =)

-miggity

PROJECT 13's --> slammed 88 Dakota / 360 swap in progress!!
miggitymike@fast4x4.net
http://surf.to.Project13s

"Beauty is only skin deep, ugly goes
straight to the frame"