Thermostat Question

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 09:12:06 EST

Ok......someone recently posted a 'winter and no heat' post on the DML,
while I still have heat it doesnt seem as hot as it used to be. It still
gets the truck warm, just think it used to be A LOT warmer. This may be a
tsat related problem? How does the tstat control/influence how hot the heat
gets inside my truck?

Also, and someone sent me a private email says to check my tsat, which may
cause my lower than normal gas mileage. How does the tstat affect gas
mileage???

I replaced my stock tstat at about 90,000 miles. Truck now has about 132,500
on it. How long should a tstat last for?????? I drain the radiator every
year and flush the system every other year. New radiator cap every other
year also. Any ideas.......
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6