Re: RE: Re: Improve gas mileage real cheap!

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 00:17:16 EST

Now there's something to chew on. I can't ask for that system for
Christmas (it was very quickly shot down), but you can be assured that
I'm starting to save my pennies now - when I replace my tires, I'll be
getting the SmarTire system (a co-worker described my truck as "NASA
control center" so now I have to work on living up to it; So far, I have
only an Alpine stero, fuzzbuster, and whiteface gauges).

Now, since I'll be getting that, methinks $80 is a tad much to be
spending for "just" a pressure gauge, so I'll stop into BJ's this
weekend and get their $15 digital gauge. I'll just bide my time with
that until I get the in-tire system.

I need to take a real close look at my tread in the morning...between
having the tires slightly over-inflated from the dealer for about 6
months (at which point I checked and realized it was at 40 PSI all
around), and this latest revelation, I may have some uneven wear.