Re: Quad Cab Questions, 5 speed tranny fluid?

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 20:16:06 EST

Dude, a couple of things for ya. A manual tranny is completely different than an auto.
You don't use any atf in an auto tranny. My opinion but I think that every 15 k to 16 k
is a little excessive for fluid changes. I myself run every 45k. The fluid is still red
and on the vehicles that I have owned a long time I have never had a problem doing this.
If you have an auto a tranny cooler will extend it's life more than unusually short fluid
changes. Some people like a manual tranny. I don't in a truck but when I order my next
sports car in 2003 (new features) it will be a manual. Lastly don't be so quick to
criticize someone else when you don't fully know what you are talking about. Manual
tranny usually have a much longer interval between services. Not trying to be mean or
start a flame war but have knowledge before you rant.

Jeff Durling
'01 4x2 QC SLT+