Observations on spark plugs for the 4.7

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 02:31:45 EST

Well,

I went plumb loco and bought a set of Bosch +4's (P/N 4418) for the 4.7 based
in part on the comments of a fellow DML'er (forget exactly who) and the
claims of Bosch. The fellow DML'er mentioned that the semi-hemi design of
the 4.7 seems to lend itself to the +4 design and that his best track times
were had with this plug. The "open" nature of the plug presents the spark to
the air/fuel mixture with less obstruction than a conventional plug without
indexing. Hummm? Seems to work.
They don't ping, the idle and pull of the motor is smoother, and the
subjective butt-dyno perhaps feels some additional pull.

As the search for a good plug for the 4.7 continues I wanted to give my
impression of the Bosch +4 plugs. This one might be good.

Andrew