97 Dakota, problems continue...

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 20:32:23 EST

ok, re-cap... My friends Dak was acting up in the following manner: crank it
up and it would run about 2 seconds and die, crank again and die, <get pissed
off> crank again and give it some gas and it would finally keep running. Ok
this started when the temps around here went from 70's day/50's night to
upper 20's night/mid-30's day. Now for the catch.... His truck did this the
whole time it was cold, but now that it has warmed back up, it is not doing
this. We are afraid it will start back when it drops again outside. Oh
yeah, we could reset the computer and it would crank fine for about 1/2 a
day. The codes we got when we put an OBD-II comp on it and we were getting
codes that were supposed to come from a V-10?? We have by-passed the MSD, so
that is out of the question. We took the jet chip off, that wasn't it. Any
ideas? We are thinking either the comp or possibly the fuel pump. Help?!?!?

Will
96 Paxton huffed 408 Dakota
Look out Lightnings! Here comes a MOPAR!!!