RE: MSD 6A and Blaste SS Install...Long post...Thanks Ron and Chuck!

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 11:25:10 EST

Hi Mike,

Great job! I notice you set it up so you could revert back to stock
ignition, but can you revert back to stock coil. I can go back to either
one or both in less than 30 seconds.

As for mounting places, my ignition is on the left fender (have to move the
battery to install) right next to the PDU. My MSD coil is on the right
fender next to the PCM (had to move the cruise control, but had to do that
anyway for the intake). By mounting on the fenders, it's easy to reach the
nuts, just have to contort your arms and hands a bit. I went to Walmart and
bought rubber grommets which work perfectly as shock mounts ($1.50). I did
have to extend the small wires from the ignition (left fender) all the way
around to the right fender. That's ok, though. My MSD coil is in close
proximity to the stock coil but away from the heat. Stock coil remains in
place in case I have to go back. Secondary coil wire reaches both places
with no problem. All wires are in heat sheathing like the stock wiring
harnesses.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile