Re: RE: Oil Filter for 2001 4.7

From: Phil Batson (vrman@ogzr.net)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 10:04:50 EST

Man, you aren't kidding. I just changed mine too and that rule about 3/4 to
1 turn after it snugs is obviously NOT what the factory uses. Took me
forever to get that damn filter off. I also went thru and threaded the holes
for bolts that those stupid plastic "christmas tree" fasteners went into.
(for the bottom plastic shield) I couldn't see how you'd be able to get the
filter off with that little hole either. (Unless they have a special tool at
the dealership that does it.)
I didn't worry about the oil that dripped into the skid plate. Most of it
drained out of the skid plate thru the small holes. I don't think it should
hurt anything. I may take a funnel and cut the small end out and use that at
the drain plug next time to reduce the amount of oil that gets on the skid
plate. (old trick I learned from Dad!)