Re: Manual R/T's

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 11:41:57 EST

You're talking about Kris Burl, right? He tried to get them to get them to
install his blower before the motor went in,and some other stuff.I think
even if you were the one standing there putting leaf springs on, they
wouldn't let you swap for hotchkis,or if you were assembling engines, you
couldn't go ahead and out your roller rockers on.Kinda crazy.I would like to
be able to go down and tell the dealer I would like a deep amethyst
318/5-speed sport built with the '99 chassis and interior,with all the R/T
stuff on it,like matched bumpers,17's,swaybars,special badging,etc.But it
can't happen and I'll just have to keep building until I get my truck just
like I would like it.I'm sure there are a lot of people out here that would
like a dana 44 slung up under the front end of their 4x4,but it doesn't
happen.I wish that the vehicle manufacturers would come out with new
vehicles like they do, but keep the option to order any vehicle that they
ever produced,How many of you would be interested in buying that muscle car
you couldn't afford thenmand don't want to have to find and restore now.Just
be able to walk into a dodge dealer and order up a charger daytona,a
challenger R/T,how cool would that be? Or what about being able to order a
brand new '95 dakota w/a '70 hi-po 340? A brand new '93 ram because you
liked the old body style? Or you don't like the way the dash on the '01
dakota,well just order a '00! I think this is the way it should be!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
1ST place Dakota-truck at 11th annual Houston Mopar show and race/National
DML meet!!