Re: Re: Sounds like a 318 (David Digney)

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 15:30:03 EST

My 88 has a set of Pacesetter headers bolted up to a 2½" custom y-pipe into
a 3" hi-flow Cat, then 3" Flowmaster 3 chamber with 2 2½" outlets straight
out the back. I have often gotten comments from people stating that is
sounds like a V8. Mike is correct though, 3" is a bit to open for a 3.9 and
you will loose some low end torque. Another thing to remember is the tone
will deepen over time. What it sounds like the day after you install it is
not how it sounds 3 months later.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4, 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4 and a 67 Barracuda
Coupe 340/4Speed
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.MoparsinMotion.COM