Re: 97 SLT Evaporator

From: HOP (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 09:27:08 EST

John,
  I kicked the idea around of doing it myself for about 2 weeks. I even
went as far as buying a FSM. I'm certified in commercial/ residential A/C.
And have been a shade tree mechanic since I was 10. So, I figured I could
do it myself, Right. Not!! I got as far as pulling the dash all the way out
before I said the hell w/ it, and put it back together. You have to pull
the steering column also. I don't know of anyone other than me trying this
on a Gen III, I think Gene Rivers did it on a GenII. My bill came out to
$1100 and they did it in a day,@ the dealer. They replace the evaporator,
Filter/Dryer Accumulator, Evacuated the line set, and charged it up. They
tried to get me to replace the condenser also! WTF.
HTH
Thanks,
HOP.
ICQ# 96613124
Houston,TeXas
Metallic Red 97 SLT CC 4x4 5.2Mag 3.55 LSD 96,000
Flomaster 3"Custom cat-back, 180 Tstat,
Accell wires, Brass cap& rotor,
K&N Drop-in,Champion Truck plugs,
Pirelli 32x11.50x15, Westin Nerf bars,
Tinted windows,4-6.5",2-15" Pioneers,VentShade's,
BugDeflectorII, Extang BlackMAX Tonneau...