destroyed 9.25" rear saga continues...

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 12:57:38 EST

Well, I picked up a 9.25 rear from a wrecking yard, from a '98 truck, got it
home and the front yokes are completely different. So I take it back and get
my money back, no problem. Now I'm looking at rebuilding my rear, so I just
pulled it apart, and apparently a chunk of metal got between the carrier and
the main cap, it cut an 1/8" off the side of the main cap. and also got into
the bearing surface of that cap. The side of the bearing journal in the rear
housing on that side received some damage, but not to the bearing surface.

My Question is, can you get new carrier main caps from DC parts?? The dealer
had said he was going to order the entire assembly because of this, but I
believe that was because replacing all the parts was over 70% of the cost a
new complete rear.

Basically. I don't have many choices
1. If I can get the carrier main caps, I'll go ahead and rebuild my rear.
2. If I can't get the carrier main caps, I either have to get a 2000 rear
used, or order one from DC.

Matt Y2K-HEMI