Re: OD or no OD,That is the question!!

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 13:45:31 EST

Virtually all automatic transmissions have had a cooler located in the radiator since they
stopped making air cooled units in the late 50s. However for heavy duty applications, a
external cooler is added to the radiator cooler and looks like a small ac condenser and is
usually located in front of the radiator or ac condenser. It is in series with the radiator
mounted one so the fluid flows through both. I don't recommend using an external cooler
without the radiator tank unit because you need both.
I expect that all trucks that were ordered with the hd cooling or trailer towing package will
have both.