Soldering Question

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 23:19:19 EST

I have soldered many many items in my life, both with my Weller 'pencil'
style solder gun and with my Craftsman 'gun-trigger' style gun. The pencil
style is rated at 25 wattts while the gun-trigger style is rated at upto 200
watts(adjustable from 100-200watts); the pencil soldering gun I only use on
small jobs and thin wires and of course the beast I use on thick
wires/cables. How thick of wire can I effectively solder, one which will
product a quality solder?? I need to solder a 2 ring 'lugs'/terminals onto
4-6gauge stranded wire(truck's main battery cables, pos/neg)and just curious
how will it turn out? I will, of course, only be using the larger Craftsman
soldering gun. Any info, help, or suggestions are greatly appreciated as I
would like to get the new military style battery cable 'clamps' on this next
weekend. THANKS!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6