New v6 for the dak

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 02:59:57 EST

I am looking at purchasing a used mopar 3.9lv6, basically something to more
or less swap in to replace the existing 3.9l v6. What I planned on doing was
pick one up, rebuild it completely from scratch... with new cam, bore (do I
need to do this?! any info on boring and what not would be greatly
appreciated), heads, rods etc etc etc. I dont anticipate getting away cheap,
but basically, I want to get knowlege about my 3.9l engine, and working on
it, while building a tough engine.

I guess My question is this:
Will only specific engines work? I mean, my guess would be to try and find a
'97 dak 3.9v6 from a wrecked truck, and begin work, but what if thats not
readily avaliable? Any ideas?

Wes