Re: tranny and mods on 92 Dak

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 11:39:29 EST

simply put.... Get Real, Get MoPar. and go with the 14x3 air cleaner, while
you're there, slap on a ported TB :)
_______________________
   Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
        jon@fast4x4.net
       www.fast4x4.net
'95 Dakota 4x4 318 CC auto

I just bought this truck (92 4x4 cc 5.2 LE) with the tranny burnt up and
185,000 on the odometer. I got the tranny out of it last night and hopefully
I wont ever have to do it again, it was rather difficult. Next thing, I want
to do some mods for performance and mileage gains and I want to know what
works best, I was planning on a 14x3 open K&N, and a flowmaster 50 series
dual outlet and maybe a computer or chip. Are these good choices? Which is
better, the Mopar SBEC or the Jet chip? I heard that with the mopar SBEC
you have to run 92 octane plus a can of octane booster. Also I saw that
with the stock air cleaner it looked like it was sucking cold air from
behind the grill. Thank you for the info
_________