Re: Re: Re: Soldering Question

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 08:58:42 EST

> Ok Kyle here's what I did. I too wanted to put some rings on my batt
cables.
> I drilled a small hole in the body of the termianl right where the body of
> the terminal
> becomes the ring, I then slathered on some flux and pushed the cable into
the
> ring. Then I waved my propane torch over the ring and held the solder to
my
> small
> hole and waited for it to heat enough to start taking solder. I then feed
in
> about
> a mile of solder and it was done. It was beautiful man, just beautiful.

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to make sure that thick of cable of
indeed able to be soldered onto a ring terminal. I bought heavy duty ring
terminals which are about 5 times as thick as normal ole ring terminals, and
are actually meant for battery cables; from Wrangler Power Products. I just
wanted to make sure this was 'do-able' before I cut the cable off of the
stock battery terminals and got myself into a problem. Thanks again,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6