Re: Re: Re: Soldering Question

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 09:11:10 EST

In a message dated 12/04/2000 8:14:25 PM EST, grndak4x4@home.com writes:

<< o whatcha all
 think.......should I go ahead and cut the 4-6 gauge wires and hope I will be
 able to solder some ring terminals on them????
 Kyle >>
Ok Kyle here's what I did. I too wanted to put some rings on my batt cables.
I drilled a small hole in the body of the termianl right where the body of
the terminal
becomes the ring, I then slathered on some flux and pushed the cable into the
ring. Then I waved my propane torch over the ring and held the solder to my
small
hole and waited for it to heat enough to start taking solder. I then feed in
about
a mile of solder and it was done. It was beautiful man, just beautiful.
Good luck