Re: injector probs

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 09:09:03 EST

At 02:05 AM 12/6/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Welllllll last night I reinstalled the 24# injectors, having taken them out
>last week b/c they were throwing a Code 27.
>The truck ran like a CHAMP last night and all day today. I even got her to
>lay a parrallel set of 20' rubber from a 20mph roll =) Went to work, left
>work, stopped by a buddy's house, we went out and came back. Then when I
>left his place she threw a nasty ol MIL again. So what gives? I know other
>people are running 24#ers, so I don't *think* the computer would be freaking
>out. BTW, FMS designates the 24# w/ a light blue color, correct? Jon Smith

Jon

Trying to remember but I think that they're a light blue.

It sounds like the 24# work with some/most but not all Daks. When I tested
them
with both a custom programmed computer and a MP computer, I did not trigger
a code but it bogged badly whenever I floored the pedal from any rpm.

It seems like one or more of the injector output drivers in your computer
is not responding properly to the control signal and triggering the code 27
which, in turn, is triggering the MIL.

Bob. Burlington, Ont., Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
Dyno: 231.2 rwhp 340.0 lb-ft rw torque
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95