RE: RE: RE: Slightly Off Sub\Dakota drivetrain Stress Scale?

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 21:26:07 EST

> I thought the A-12 was a long-range high-altitude interceptor designed
> to stop incoming Soviet bombers & run interference for other US
> aircraft. The B-52 delivered the goods.

Actually at that time the F-102(Delta Dart),F-104(Starfighter), and the
F-105(Thunderchief) were the primary interceptors at the time. The
B-36(Peacemaker), B-47, and the B-58 (Hustler) were all replaced by the B-52
by the mid 60's. The F-105 was realigned as a fighter-bomber and the primary
fighter for both the Air Force and Navy was the F-4 Phantom. The B-52 is
mainly a heavy bomber. It has proven itself time and time again. Neither the
B-1 or B-2 can match the B-52 for payload. You want to project American
might in an armed conflict, send a couple of 52's loaded with conventional
1000lb bombs. ;-)

Greg
NE# 3779
2K1 Neon ES