New to list - Kenne Bell & mudflaps

From: Owen P. Mills (opmills@mtu.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 16:19:44 EST

I just found this list and after going through the archives, man am I happy.

About me, I bought a '99 Dakota Sport 4x4 x-cab, black last June. Got it
second hand from original owner (car dealer/family friend) w/ 30K miles. I
use the truck to drive to work and have made a few short trips (camping). I
love it! (sorry dad, you GM man).

Got my butt in hot water with the wife when she found out (from car
dealer/family freind) that I was given two keys when I bought truck. He he.
She's also pissed that I won't let the dog ride in the truck.

So, being a matured (read as married) hot rodder, I added a top-of-the-line
Century topper and Yakima roof rack (for canoe) right away. This fall I
added a snow-plow (we live in big snow country - the UP of Michigan). I
bought the Sno-Way lexan plow. It's about 300-400 lbs lighter than the Boss
and Western metal blade plows. With 100 lbs of concrete pavers over the
rear axel the truck handles as nice as possible considering there's 500 lbs
levered off the frontend. Plowing beats the hell out of snowblowing! I'd
like hearing from any of you with plows on their Dakota's.

What's next? Exhaust. I really like Kenne Bell's stuff even if it is
outrageously expensive. Will probably get a stainless cat-back system when
my stuff rots. Won't be long with salt on roads. Bell has a kit that
inlcudes exhaust, headers, cold air intake and a computer for ~$1200.
Anyone had any experience with his stuff?

Mudflaps - does Dodge make factory molded flaps that will fit the Dakoat
Sport wider wheel well extensions? I saw a thread last December but there
no parts numbers. My local dealer claims they don't exist. Come to think
of it do any of you buy parts froma dealer by mail? Any recommendations?

More later.

Owen
Owen P. Mills
Electron Optics Facility Engineer