RE: RE: My dakota POS! - Long

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 10:52:07 EST

> I find it VERY hard to believe that the brass freeze plugs were rusted
> though. On the steel ones, unless someone didn't change
> their coolant at
> all they don't rust that quick. Not to forget that you did
> say that you had
> changed it...so that's out of the question as well.
>
> Who are these bozo's who checked the coolant. I'd say pay
> the bill, grab
> your inspection receipt and have a long harsh talk with the Inspection
> Station manager showing him the Dealer receipt and then their
> "Inspection
> Results". You can also call the license issuing department (state
> depending) and file a complaint with them as well with your factual
> receipts.
>
> If you can, get a written statement from the dealer as well
> and ask for the
> parts (freeze plugs) back...ALL OF THEM as proof.
>
> I feel for you...I really do. :(
>
> - Bernd

Bernd, Ken should look at his DC contract. I looked at the old contract on
my Dakota that I bought used, and freeze out plugs are a covered item. Even
on my Neon the freeze out plugs are covered. If Ken has a DC extended
warranty he should give them a call, and if that is the case they will raise
hell with the dealership.

Greg
NE# 3779
2K1 Neon ES