Re: late season test-n-tune @ Cecil pays off

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 20:15:18 EST

Hi, Shane

Those are GREAT times (and consistent) ... especially those 60' times!!!
You must be putting out close to (if not more than) 300 rwhp.

Did I read you correctly when you wrote that the last two runs were done
WITHOUT any belt on??? I've read that there is an enormous drain put on
the battery in a 1/4-mi run and, as a result, have not tried it.

Are you still using the MT drag radials? I ran on the last day at Cayuga
up here and, on the first run, laid down two black strips for about 20'.
Dave said the 'flagman' just looked at him and shook his head. I felt
them spin on the launch for quite awhile but the Dak ran straight as an
arrow (thanks to the spring clamps)! Felt like I was still at the water
pit. Only got two runs in as the track's computer system crashed and they
couldn't get it to reboot!

I've got to try to get to Cecil next year! Congrats!

Bob