RE: timing chain

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 21:22:10 EST

Yes,Brent,you`re right on track!Many DML`ers do not
know that the Magnum V6`s ACTUAL numbers are 345hp and
577 lb.ft. of torque,but the tensioner brings those
numbers down to a more "emissions friendly" level.I
have seen a bone-stock V6 RC run low 11`s on 87 octane
with no tensioner! Steve P.
--- Brent Venis <kb0spn@topeka.cjnetworks.com> wrote:
> i think its the other way around, the v6 puts out
> too much power for its
> size, thus prematurely stretching the chain...
> yeh, thats it.
>

> On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Jon Smith wrote:
>
> > Maybe it's b/c we throw out soooo much HP, that
> it'd just rip the tensioner
> > right off the block... :-) and those anemic v6's
> can run the tensioner
> > just fine ;-)
> >
> > ______________________
> > Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
> > www.fast4x4.net
> > jon@fast4x4.net
> > ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
> >
> > -I find it rather strange myself. From the
> picture URL that Jon had posted,
> > -the tensioner is bolted down behind the factory
> cam gear and sits on the
> > -passenger side. The timing gear/chain set that I
> have installed right now
> > -is a Mopar Performance kit that fits the V8's.
> The block, mounting holes,
> > -and gears are identical so I wonder why they
> didn't put one in on the V8's.
> > -
> > -Hmmmmm......
> > -
> > -- Bernd
> > -

=====
1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.