Re: RE: QUICK-D 4.7L TB Update.(a little long)

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@flometrics.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 12:15:28 EST

Hey guys!
For you 4.7 owners, Check out the size of your TB! You can remove your ait
inlet tube and open up the TB by hand. Put a mirror under the TB and look
at the back side of the throttle plate! You will see a number. It will be
either a 65 or a 68. That means its got either a 65 or a 68mm TB on it! IF
its got a 65mm, then you can mosey into the dealer and order a 68mm for
$189.00...If its got a 68, then you'll have to get a ported unit or wait for
the 68mm 4.7 billet TB coming soon...Dont have your 65mm TB ported!! It
wont flow as much as a stock 68, and It appears that the trucks respond well
to even more porting on the 68.
Im giving it away today....We're going to dyno Steves truck Monday morning.
Well see what the ported 68mm can do!
Bruce