Re: RE: plug in dak?...block warmer?

From: henryrollins@springmail.com
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 10:38:38 EST

Hey,
I Live out in wy. for a while you almost had to have one if you wanted to start your car. There are two types. On that replaces your freeze plug that just warms the water with put moving it. There is the other type the one I installed. It is a small water pump with a heater on the outlet. It is real easy to install you just put it in line with one of the heater lines. They work Great. They say not to leave it pluged in overnight but I did I never had a promblem with it. I always left mine pluged in and I did not have any snow on the hood of my truck and I had heat when I first started my truck. The only thing I can say make sure you put it in right there is a inlet and a outlet. If you put it on backwards it will melt into a nice plastic glob. I think I spent 50 to 100 bucks on mine back in 93 or 92. They are real easy to install just cut your heater hose and install and make sure that it is well attached to the fender or the firewall. Great little thing.

Let me know if you need more info

Matt Tharp