Re: Re: 4x4 & LSD

From: Jef Denning (jdenning@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 22:40:02 EST

Vic, I think, asked a few 4x4 questions to which Kyle Kozubal provided an
informative reply ... I've a few more questions.

Does anyone know exactly what model of front and rear axles are in my 99 V8,
auto w/ part-time 4x4 (wh, unfortunately, still has an open diff.)? The
rear has ten bolts, which I believe is a Chrysler 8.25", but I'm not sure.
I believe the front is also a ten-bolt. Also, can I determine if I've got
an NV231HD transfer case, versus a standard NV231, from a visual
examination?

Thanks