Re: Has anyone ever heard of a Merlin V-8?

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 19:57:43 EST

the late AMC V8s were 304, 360 and 401 to the best of my knowledge. The
early engines were 270, 343, and 390. The Marlin was more of a mid size
car like a Fairlane or Malibu but more sporty than either. I knew a man
with a AMX which was supposed to be fast with a 390 4 speed but it was no
match for my best friends Super Bee 383 4 speed.