Re: Not sure if my ABS is working

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 19:47:24 EST

Andy,
  My dak's got the rear-only ABS as well. I noticed a faint clicking noise
when going down the driveway (no gas applied). After a little research, I
found that this noise is caused by the ABS. Still not sure what the
clicking is or what it's doing, but it is from the ABS. Maybe this will
tell you if yours is working. Simply find a flat stretch of road that you
can idle down (preferrebly a driveway seeing as how there are few streets
with a speed limit of 2mph). Listen for a clicking sound. It's very hard
to hear, but I think you should probably hear it. Then again, maybe my
truck is the only one to do this. Can anyone else confirm this?
Hope this helps.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/