Coolant Additives/Cooling System Questions

From: John Clawson (johnc@asltg.com)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 09:08:47 EST

Kyle,

I have been running DEI's Rad Relief for about a month now. I added it
when I installed a Robert Shaw 180 tstat. I'd asked Bernd about it some
time ago and bot it on his recommendation(pretty safe thing to do). I
believe the truck runs about 10 deg cooler than it would without it.
Actually, although the temp guage is not well calibrated, I may be
bordering on too cool, like 160-170 deg. But, the coolant temp is rock
steady except under abuse and the truck seems quite happy with it.
We'll have to see if any trouble codes appear or if I'm in open loop all
the time.

HTH
jc
00,cc,4.7,4X4,auto,3.92sg,Flowmaster,Quickd air,Jet II