Re: four wheel drive problem

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 14:09:29 EST

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 12:54:46PM -0500, ZaneDClark@aol.com wrote:
> My 90 Dakota 4 wheel drive will not engage.  I have had the vacuum lines
> checked and have vacuum to the transfer case.  I have had the transfer case
> checked and it is ok.
>
> While doing other work I found a wire with a connection that is unhooked on
> the passengar side of the front axle.
>
> Question - where does this plug in and is this my problem?
>
> I am a new subscriber so forgive me if my posting is incorrect.  help!

Where does the wire come from?

Anyway, there should not be wires dangling under your truck under any
circumstances. Maybe the best thing to do would be to pick up a repair
manual (if you don't have one already) and try to figure out what that
wire is. Of course, the first step in that is finding out where the
wire comes from.

--
Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
'00 Dakota CC SLT 4X4 4.7L V8 (Loaded)